Masturbation Month 2016: Everything you need to know about orgasms
May is just around the corner, a month completely dedicated to masturbation.
A month totally dedicated to orgasms and a month that will guarantee a Happy Ending.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
You might be familiar with some facts about orgasms already, such as they can last anything between five and 22 seconds.
But did you know orgasming releases oxytocin and prolactin? Here are 21 other things you also may never have known.
1. Birthgasms are a thing
Some women have orgasmed while giving birth.
Which, when you think of all the other things that can happen – crapping yourself, vaginal tears – is hardly the worst thing.
2. Semen moves faster than Usain Bolt
At 28 miles per hour ejaculation is speedier than the fastest man on earth who, at his peak has reached 27.79mph.
3. Cum keeps you young
People who orgasm four or more times a week look up to seven years younger according to one study.
4. Porn shoots have been known to use hand soap or pina colada mix as fake semen
If you like Pina Colada…
5. Orgasms are just swell
The word ‘orgasm’ is from the Greek ‘orgasmos,’ meaning ‘to swell or be excited’.
6. Some men spontaneously ejaculate when they’re anxious
7. Coregasms are a thing
Certain abs moves and pull-ups can apparently induce orgasms in some people.
8. Nipplegasms are a thing
About 1 per cent of women can orgasm from breast stimulation alone.
9. Boregasms are a thing
As in, if you’ve got nothing else to do it’s apparently possible to induce an orgasm using only the power of your mind.
10. All kinds of other random things can induce orgasm
Everything from meditation, reading and eating to urination, foot play, and breast-feeding can get you off, according to one study.
11. At it like rabbits
No one knows for sure if female animals orgasm although it’s suspected rabbits and ferrets do.
12. The record for most female orgasms in one masturbation session was apparently achieved by a London woman in 2006
How many? Forty-nine. Was there was nothing on Netflix?
13. Some women faint when they orgasm
A compliment or a curse?
14. Most women don’t orgasm through penetrative sex alone
About 70 per cent of women don’t climax during the main event, which is why foreplay and clitoral stimulation is so important.
15. Paws for thought
Doggie-style is one of the best ways positions for women hoping to climax because it stimulates both the clitoris and G-spot.
16. Nearly a third of men have faked an orgasm (ie haven’t ejaculated but acted like they have)
According to a University of Kansas study, 28 per cent of men fake it. Meanwhile, male orgasm usually coincides with ejaculation, but not always.
17. Two thirds of women have experienced a multiple orgasm
According to the LELO global sex survey.
18. When men cum they produce about one teaspoonful of semen
Brings new meaning to spooning
19. Masturbation is not only one of the easiest ways for a woman to achieve orgasm – but it can also cure menstrual cramps
Yes, riding solo can rid you of period pains.
20. Cumming is like shooting up heroin
When men orgasm the ventral tegmental area of your brain, filled with receptors for neurotransmitters associated with reward, lights up.
The same region is stimulated when drug users get their fix.
21. Orgasms can cure or ease migraines and headaches
Sexual healing. One study revealed one in five sufferers were left with no pain at all after sex.