Couple use plastic bag instead of condom, end up in hospital
Two Vietnamese youths have been hospitalised in the country's capital Hanoi after they sustained injuries while having sex. The reason they sustained injures is that they used a plastic bag for protection instead of a condom.
The young man and woman were taken to the hospital with genital lesions, abrasions and bleeding. They reportedly used the plastic bag as protection, since they were too shy to go buy condoms.
The two have been put on antibiotics to control any infection that might arise out of the act, reported Vietnamese newspaper Tuoi Tre.
Doctors termed the use of the plastic bag as 'unscientific' and said the injuries were occurred because the plastic bag was too thick and caused scratches and vaginal tearing. They also said the bags are prone to tearing and do not offer proper protection.
The incident has raised attention to the attitudes towards safe sex and sex education in Vietnam. A recent study by Hanoi Medical University and Hanoi Medical College among 2,700 university students revealed that of the 16 per cent who said they have sex, only a third used condoms the first time. About 25 per cent of the students also said they would be embarrassed to go buy condoms.
Source: Times of India